Parenting is a hard job! It is even more difficult when your student is struggling socially and/or academically. Please note below some parenting resources.
School-Based and Outside Counseling
- Community Mental Health Center (CMHC) Batesville, Indiana – (812) 934-4210
- Offers both School-Based Counseling Services and Outside Counseling Services
- For more information about our School Based Program at BIS, please contact the school counselor
- Ireland Home Based Services, Versailles, Indiana – (812) 479-1856
- Batta Counseling Services, Greensburg, Indiana – (812) 222-2626
- Kendra L. Martin, MSSW, LCSW, LLC, Greensburg, Indiana – (812) 510-3350
Other Community Resources
- Safe Passage Domestic Violence Shelter Helpline – (877) 733-1990
- Batesville Area Ministerial Association Food Pantry – (812) 932-2622
- So Loved Clothing Closet – Jaime (812) 212-5039, Kayla (812) 593-9840
- 1-2-3- Magic, Effecfive Discipline for Children 2-12, by Thomas W. Phelan, PhD
- What Great Parents Do 75 Simple Strategies for Raising Kids Who Thrive, by Erica Reischer, PhD
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families, by Stephen Covey
Helpful Books for Student Concerns
all by Julia Cook
- A Bad Taste of Tattle Tongue
- Personal Space Camp
- Cell Phoney
- I Can’t Find My Whatchamacallit!
- Winners Don’t Whine and Whiner’s Don’t Win
- Wilma Jean the Worry Machine
- Ricky Sticky Fingers
- Soda Pop Head
- Don’t Be Afraid to Drop!
- The Worst Day of My Life Ever!
- Making Friends is An Art!
- I Just Don’t Like the Sound of No!
- Hygiene…You Stink!
- Tease Monster
Other Helpful Books
- The Way I Feel, by Janan Cain
- Today I Feel Silly and other MOODS That Make My Day, by Jamie Lee Curtis
- Trouble Talk, by Trudy Ludwig
- Sorry, by Trudy Ludwig
- Just Kidding, by Trudy Ludwig
- Better Than You, by Trudy Ludwig
- Too Perfect, by Trudy Ludwig