Batesville Middle School and Batesville High School archery teams recently competed and placed first and second respectively at the state level. Batesville Intermediate School placed 11th at the same tournament.
The archery after-school program began shortly after BCSC received a Department of Natural Resources grant to fund the majority of costs associated with teaching archery during P.E. classes. With the equipment available, Archery Head Coach and Coordinator Mike Weiler started the after-school program in which students compete on a local, state and national level. Approximately 11% of the entire student population at Batesville was on the archery team for the 2021-2022 school year.
The season begins towards the end of October and students shoot through at least the state competition on the second Saturday in March. If the students perform well enough, they can continue competing into May and June.
In The Spotlight
- BPS To Host Chinese New Year Celebration On January 28
- BCSC’s Special Education Department Expands
- Batesville Manufacturer Wood-Mizer Supports BHS Welding Lab
- Outcome-Based Goals Drive Batesville Schools’ Success
- BHS Awarded Two Grants To Improve Student Outcomes
- Nearly Half of BHS Class of 2022 Graduates with College Credit
- Archery Teams Excel at State Tournament
- BCSC Hosts Summer Learning Conference for Educators