Mr. Enneking's Site
Mr. Enneking's Site
Hello. My name is Leon Enneking. I am currently teaching 7th grade General Music in the Allied Arts rotation. I am also teaching a music elective in the 7th grade. In 2012-2013 the elective will be beginning guitar.
General Music at Batesville Middle School is a voyage of discovery. Using traditions and instruments as old as man himself (e.g., drums, rattles, shakers, mallets), students will learn to compose music and play music in an ensemble and as a soloist. They will explore the music, dance, and cultures of several countries and learn a variety of musical styles. They will study musical form and how to adapt what they learn to express themselves through sound. Click here to get to my General Music pages
Guitar Elective is a year long course for beginning guitarists. We will cover playing techniques, music reading, chord playing, improvisation/soloing, ensemble playing, and the history of guitar.
Afterschool World Music Ensembles
For the students who want to learn even more about music of other cultures, BMS offers an afterschool xylophone ensemble. Using authentic African xylophones from Ghana, the gyil, students perform traditional and newly created songs. The group meets twice a week for rehearsal(Monday and Friday 3:00-4:00PM). The group has performed at Miami University, the Indiana State Museum, the Indiana State House, the Rhythm Discovery Center, and at the Indiana Music Educators Convention.
For high school students who wish to expand their musical skills and knowledge, BHS offers the Batesville Steel Band. The sounds of these instruments are so closely connected to island vacations, that they make us smile when we hear them. This ensemble is open to any BHS student. The group is currently meeting once a week in the evening in the BHS choir room.(Tuesday 6:30-8:30PM)
8:29-9:15 Music elective-guitar
9:19-10:05 Music elective-guitar
11:39-12:25 7th grade general music
12:29-1:15 7th grade general music
1:19-2:05 7th grade general music
2:09-3:00 8th grade Study Skills
You can reach me at school 812-934-5175
or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
* BA in Music Education-Marian College 1974.(now Marian University)
* MM in Music Education -Butler University 1981
* World Music Drumming-Level Three certification
* 36 years teaching in Batesville Community Schools
- high school/middle school band director,
- high school /middle school choir director
- intermediate school music
- middle school general music
_ middle school guitar
* Established electronic keyboard/computer lab for music composition in General Music classes
* Established world percussion curriculum at Batesville MS
* Established African xylophone ensemble at Batesville MS
* Established Steel Pan ensemble at Batesville HS
* Member of IMEA, MENC, PASIC
* former IMEA State Board Area VIII representative
* IMEA convention presenter 2003 (music composition), 2000 and 2004 (World Music Drumming),2005, 2007, 2009 (performance by BMS African Xylophone Ensemble)
* Recipient of Eli Lilly Grant, VISION grants, TIF grants, Rising Sun Regional Foundation Grants, Columbus Area Arts Council Grants, Ripley County Community Foundation Grants. Franklin County Community Foundation Grants, Heartland Arts Grants, Indiana Arts Commission Grants,and matching monies from Honda, Fifth Third Bank and National City Bank.