Storia

The history of the Batesville Community School Corporation dates back to shortly after the completion of the Batesville town plat in 1852. In the 1850s, un edificio scolastico registro è stato eretto in un angolo del Sud e Ovest (Sicomoro) Streets. Shortly thereafter, l'edificio è stato sostituito da un edificio piccola cornice con una camera.

L'edificio telaietto è stato spostato dall'altra parte della strada nel 1870 per essere utilizzato come abitazione e il sistema scolastico pubblico utilizzato una parte di Union Hall, costruito da Sebastian Messersmith in 1865, until erecting a two-story brick building in 1875. This brick schoolhouse contained four rooms, due al piano superiore e due al piano terra con un ampio corridoio da davanti a dietro.

Nel mese di marzo 1888, the school system’s board of directors made the decision to construct an addition onto the schoolhouse at a cost of $1,500. Based upon continued population growth, a second school building was erected at the corner of Mulberry and Pearl Street in 1895-96. The total cost of the new school was $5,700 – $5,000 per la costruzione e $700 for the purchase of the land. At this time, liceo consisteva di due anni e cerimonie inizio Batesville primo liceo si sono svolte a 1901.

In 1910, Batesville Liceo (BHS) became an accredited four-year program. In 1910-11, the new building was remodeled in order to include BHS as a four-year high school. As the town grew and needs changed, il sistema scolastico costruito un nuovo stand-alone scuola superiore all'angolo di Mulberry e Columbus Avenue a 1926-27 at a cost of $56,000. The site for the high school was given by the late George M. Hillenbrand e incluso terreno sufficiente per campi da tennis, una traccia, e un ampio parco giochi.

Con la costruzione della nuova scuola, la necessità scomparve per una scuola grande come il due piani uno integrato 1875 on the corner of South and Sycamore Streets. There was a need, tuttavia, for a smaller building to house first and second grade students. Since no better site was available, la struttura a due piani è stato raso al suolo e una nuova storia di scuola, Rione di costruzione, fu eretta.

La scuola Batesville sistema pubblico esteso la sua area di utenza e, nei primi anni 1930, ha iniziato a utilizzare gli scuolabus per portare studenti da Laughery, Adams, and Ray townships as tuition students. Student enrollment continued to grow and this necessitated the addition of more buildings to the main campus along Mulberry Street. In 1938, a gymnasium was built between the elementary and high school buildings. Westwood Elementary School was constructed in 1957 all'angolo sud-ovest del campus, e una nuova ala è stato aggiunto solo qualche anno più tardi nel 1961.

In 1963, il sistema Batesville scuola è diventata un consolidamento noto come MSD. of Batesville. This consolidation incorporated the Batesville City Schools with the elementary schools of Hamburg, St. Maria, and Oldenburg. The M.S.D. di Batesville è diventato il Batesville Community School Corporation gennaio 1, 1965 based on a recommendation by the Ripley County School Reorganization Committee. Approximately eight square miles of northwest Adams Township were added to the school district at that time. In 1966, un'aggiunta a Oldenburg Elementary School è stata completata, che ha permesso di aggiungere un secondo programma scuola materna per la società e portare a studenti provenienti da St. Di Maria e Amburgo.

In 1967, it again became necessary for the Batesville Community School Corporation to expand and build a new high school. Ground was broken on a sixty-acre plot at the corner of Huntersville Road and State Road 46 per un $3 million building. The new high school was designed to accommodate 600 alunni nelle classi 7-12 and included a 650-seat auditorium and 3,200-seat gymnasium. The new high school opened for classes in the fall of 1968.

In 1973, piani sono stati avviati per la costruzione di una scuola media di educare gli studenti nei gradi 6-8. The building was erected on the previous high school site on Mulberry Street at a cost of $1.2 million. The new middle school was able to accommodate 600 gli alunni e le classi prime si sono svolte nell'autunno del 1975.

Con una popolazione sempre crescente di Batesville, another new building was needed by the early 1990s. In 1991, Batesville Scuola primaria, un K-3 gradi edificio, was completed and the historic Oldenburg Elementary School was closed. Students who had previously attended Oldenburg began going to either Batesville Primary School for grades K-3 or the newly named Batesville Intermediate School for grades 4-5. A gymnasium was added on to the intermediate school.

Alla fine del 1990, student enrollment numbers had begun pushing the capacities of both Batesville Middle School and Batesville High School. The enrollment demands resulted in a $12 milioni di euro del progetto per aggiungere gli spazi per entrambi gli edifici tra 1998 e 2000. These spaces included additional classrooms in both buildings, così come una nuova palestra presso la scuola media e le aree musicali estese al liceo.

In 2011-12, la Batesville Community School Corporation nuovamente rivolto alle esigenze dei suoi studenti con l'aggiunta di 50,000 metri quadrati per Batesville Intermediate School (BIS) and renovating instructional areas at Batesville High School. The two-story addition at BIS allowed the school to become a grades 3-5 costruzione e la scuola elementare di prevedere intera giornata all'asilo con la realizzazione di uno spazio aggiuntivo.

PRONTO PER SAPERNE DI PIÙ?

Meraviglioso! Saremo lieti di assistervi.