Historia

The history of the Batesville Community School Corporation dates back to shortly after the completion of the Batesville town plat in 1852. In the 1850s, un edificio escolar de registro fue erigido en la esquina del sur y el oeste (Sicomoro) Streets. Shortly thereafter, el edificio fue sucedido por un edificio de madera pequeña con una habitación.

El edificio pequeño cuerpo se mueve a través de la calle en la década de 1870 para ser utilizado como vivienda y el sistema escolar público utilizado una parte de Union Hall, construido por Sebastian en Messersmith 1865, until erecting a two-story brick building in 1875. This brick schoolhouse contained four rooms, dos arriba y dos en la planta baja con un amplio pasillo de adelante hacia atrás.

En marzo 1888, the school system’s board of directors made the decision to construct an addition onto the schoolhouse at a cost of $1,500. Based upon continued population growth, a second school building was erected at the corner of Mulberry and Pearl Street in 1895-96. The total cost of the new school was $5,700 – $5,000 para la construcción y $700 for the purchase of the land. At this time, escuela secundaria consistía en dos años y primeras ceremonias Batesville la Escuela Preparatoria de graduación se celebraron en 1901.

En 1910, Batesville High School (BHS) became an accredited four-year program. En 1910-11, the new building was remodeled in order to include BHS as a four-year high school. As the town grew and needs changed, el sistema escolar construyó un nuevo stand-alone escuela secundaria en la esquina de Mulberry y la Avenida Colón en 1926-27 at a cost of $56,000. The site for the high school was given by the late George M. Hillenbrand e incluyó suelo suficiente para pistas de tenis, una pista, y una amplia zona de juegos.

Con la construcción de la nueva escuela secundaria, desapareció la necesidad de una escuela tan grande como el que de dos plantas construido en 1875 on the corner of South and Sycamore Streets. There was a need, sin embargo, for a smaller building to house first and second grade students. Since no better site was available, la estructura de dos pisos fue arrasado y una nueva escuela de un piso, el edificio de la sala, se erigió.

El sistema escolar público Batesville extendido su área de influencia y, a principios de 1930, comenzó a utilizar los autobuses escolares para llevar a los estudiantes a partir de Laughery, Adams, and Ray townships as tuition students. Student enrollment continued to grow and this necessitated the addition of more buildings to the main campus along Mulberry Street. En 1938, a gymnasium was built between the elementary and high school buildings. Westwood Elementary School was constructed in 1957 en la esquina suroeste del campus, y una nueva ala se añadió sólo unos pocos años más tarde en 1961.

En 1963, el sistema Batesville escuela se convirtió en una consolidación conocida como MSD. of Batesville. This consolidation incorporated the Batesville City Schools with the elementary schools of Hamburg, St. María, and Oldenburg. The M.S.D. de Batesville Batesville se convirtió en la Corporación Escolar de la Comunidad de enero 1, 1965 based on a recommendation by the Ripley County School Reorganization Committee. Approximately eight square miles of northwest Adams Township were added to the school district at that time. En 1966, una adición a Oldenburg Elementary School se completó, lo que hizo posible añadir un segundo programa de kindergarten a la corporación y traer estudiantes de St. María y Hamburgo.

En 1967, it again became necessary for the Batesville Community School Corporation to expand and build a new high school. Ground was broken on a sixty-acre plot at the corner of Huntersville Road and State Road 46 para una $3 million building. The new high school was designed to accommodate 600 alumnos de los grados 7-12 and included a 650-seat auditorium and 3,200-seat gymnasium. The new high school opened for classes in the fall of 1968.

En 1973, plans were initiated to construct a middle school to educate students in grades 6-8. The building was erected on the previous high school site on Mulberry Street at a cost of $1.2 million. The new middle school was able to accommodate 600 los alumnos y las clases se celebraron las primeras en el otoño de 1975.

Con una población cada vez mayor de Batesville, another new building was needed by the early 1990s. En 1991, Batesville Primary School, a los grados K-3 edificio, was completed and the historic Oldenburg Elementary School was closed. Students who had previously attended Oldenburg began going to either Batesville Primary School for grades K-3 or the newly named Batesville Intermediate School for grades 4-5. A gymnasium was added on to the intermediate school.

A finales de la década de 1990, student enrollment numbers had begun pushing the capacities of both Batesville Middle School and Batesville High School. The enrollment demands resulted in a $12 millones de proyecto para agregar espacios a ambos edificios entre 1998 y 2000. These spaces included additional classrooms in both buildings, así como un nuevo gimnasio en la escuela intermedia y la ampliación de las áreas de música en la escuela secundaria.

En 2011-12, la Batesville Community School Corporation volvió a dirigirse a las necesidades de sus estudiantes mediante la adición de 50,000 pies cuadrados a Batesville Intermediate School (A) and renovating instructional areas at Batesville High School. The two-story addition at BIS allowed the school to become a grades 3-5 edificio y la escuela primaria de proveer para kindergarten de día completo a la realización de un espacio adicional.

LISTO PARA SABER MÁS?

Maravilloso! Esperamos poder ayudarle.