Geschichte

The history of the Batesville Community School Corporation dates back to shortly after the completion of the Batesville town plat in 1852. In the 1850s, a log Schulgebäude wurde an der Ecke der Süden und Westen errichtet (Bergahorn) Streets. Shortly thereafter, wurde das Gebäude von einem kleinen Rahmen Gebäude mit einem Raum gelungen.

Der kleine Rahmen Gebäude wurde über die Straße in den 1870er Jahren zog als Wohnung genutzt werden und das öffentliche Schulsystem verwendet einen Teil der Union Hall, gebaut von Sebastian Messersmith in 1865, until erecting a two-story brick building in 1875. This brick schoolhouse contained four rooms, zwei im Obergeschoss und zwei im Erdgeschoss mit einem breiten Flur, von vorne nach hinten.

Im März 1888, the school system’s board of directors made the decision to construct an addition onto the schoolhouse at a cost of $1,500. Based upon continued population growth, a second school building was erected at the corner of Mulberry and Pearl Street in 1895-96. The total cost of the new school was $5,700 – $5,000 für den Bau und $700 for the purchase of the land. At this time, High-School-bestand von zwei Jahren und Batesville High School ersten Beginn Zeremonien wurden abgehalten 1901.

In 1910, Batesville Gymnasium (BHS) became an accredited four-year program. In 1910-11, the new building was remodeled in order to include BHS as a four-year high school. As the town grew and needs changed, das Schulsystem konstruierte eine neue Stand-alone-High-School an der Ecke Mulberry und Columbus Avenue in 1926-27 at a cost of $56,000. The site for the high school was given by the late George M. Hillenbrand und enthalten genug Boden für Tennisplätze, eine Spur, und ein großer Spielplatz.

Mit dem Bau des neuen Gymnasiums, die Notwendigkeit, verschwand für eine Schule so groß wie der zweistöckige ein eingebauter 1875 on the corner of South and Sycamore Streets. There was a need, jedoch, for a smaller building to house first and second grade students. Since no better site was available, das zweistöckige Struktur wurde zerstört und eine neue einstöckige Schule, Die Ward Gebäude, errichtet wurde.

Die Batesville öffentliche Schulsystem erweitert sein Einzugsgebiet und, in den frühen 1930er Jahren, begann mit Schulbussen für Studenten in von Laughery bringen, Adams, and Ray townships as tuition students. Student enrollment continued to grow and this necessitated the addition of more buildings to the main campus along Mulberry Street. In 1938, a gymnasium was built between the elementary and high school buildings. Westwood Elementary School was constructed in 1957 an der südwestlichen Ecke des Campus, und ein neuer Flügel wurde nur wenige Jahre später in der Nachspielzeit 1961.

In 1963, Die Batesville Schulsystem wurde eine Konsolidierung als MSD bekannt. of Batesville. This consolidation incorporated the Batesville City Schools with the elementary schools of Hamburg, St. Marys, and Oldenburg. The M.S.D. von Batesville wurde Batesville Community School Corporation auf Januar 1, 1965 based on a recommendation by the Ripley County School Reorganization Committee. Approximately eight square miles of northwest Adams Township were added to the school district at that time. In 1966, eine Ergänzung zu Oldenburg Grundschule abgeschlossen, die es möglich gemacht, eine zweite Kindergarten-Programm des Unternehmens hinzufügen und bringen Studenten aus St. Maria und Hamburg.

In 1967, it again became necessary for the Batesville Community School Corporation to expand and build a new high school. Ground was broken on a sixty-acre plot at the corner of Huntersville Road and State Road 46 für eine $3 million building. The new high school was designed to accommodate 600 Schüler in den Klassen 7-12 and included a 650-seat auditorium and 3,200-seat gymnasium. The new high school opened for classes in the fall of 1968.

In 1973, plans were initiated to construct a middle school to educate students in grades 6-8. The building was erected on the previous high school site on Mulberry Street at a cost of $1.2 million. The new middle school was able to accommodate 600 Schüler und die ersten Klassen wurden im Herbst statt 1975.

Mit Batesville Bevölkerung stetig wachsenden, another new building was needed by the early 1990s. In 1991, Batesville Primary School, a Noten K-3 Gebäude, was completed and the historic Oldenburg Elementary School was closed. Students who had previously attended Oldenburg began going to either Batesville Primary School for grades K-3 or the newly named Batesville Intermediate School for grades 4-5. A gymnasium was added on to the intermediate school.

Bis Ende der 1990er Jahre, student enrollment numbers had begun pushing the capacities of both Batesville Middle School and Batesville High School. The enrollment demands resulted in a $12 Millionen-Projekt, um Räume zu beiden Gebäuden zwischen Add 1998 und 2000. These spaces included additional classrooms in both buildings, sowie eine neue Turnhalle an der Mittelschule und erweiterte Musik Gebieten an der High School.

In 2011-12, Die Batesville Gemeinschaft School Corporation wieder angesprochen auf die Bedürfnisse der Studierenden, indem 50,000 Quadratmeter auf Batesville Intermediate School (BIS) and renovating instructional areas at Batesville High School. The two-story addition at BIS allowed the school to become a grades 3-5 Gebäude und der Grundschule bis zur ganztägigen Kindergarten mit der Realisierung zusätzlicher Raum zu bieten.

Möchten Sie mehr erfahren?

Wunderbar! Wir freuen uns auf Sie.